Advisor Spotlight: Jackie Aliotta
At Golden Key, we value our Advisors and all they do to ensure our chapters succeed. These hardworking university faculty, staff and administrators volunteer their time to help Golden Key develop and maintain high standards of education. In order to show our appreciation, we’ve decided to spotlight some of these great people. The first Golden Key Advisor Spotlight is Jackie Aliotta from the University of Maryland, Baltimore County.
- What is your role at University of Maryland, Baltimore County?
I am the Events Coordinator for Student Organizations. I meet with student organization leaders who are planning large-scale events (typically for 100+ people), and assist them in the event planning process. I serve as their liaison between our office, UMBC Events, and our campus partners (technical services, facilities, housekeeping, police, SGA, etc.).
- How long have you been a Golden Key Advisor?
I am now in my 2nd year advising the UMBC Chapter of Golden Key.
- How do you make an impact as a Golden Key advisor? Tell us a little about your chapter.
I try to guide our executive board and general membership to constantly reach for gold status. We aim to really embody Golden Key in everything we do and try to live up to the pillars that are in place for us. Our chapter is very dedicated to what they do, and to try and remain a gold status chapter.
- What do you enjoy most about being a GK Advisor?
It’s fun seeing students grow in their leadership positions, and by taking on responsibilities. Seeing students living up to their potential is really exciting. I enjoy getting to know our students and working with them on everything that we do.
- What is your favorite GK-related experience or memory?
This past summer, myself and two chapter members attended International Summit in Georgia. We really had a great time. It was the first time that we’ve spent time and bonded away from the University. It was a great opportunity to learn more about Golden Key, see how we can constantly improve as a chapter, bond, and of course we had a blast exploring Georgia during every free moment we had!
- How do you think Golden Key members Stand Out, Stand Up and Stand Together?
Golden Key members hold each other to a higher standard than most students. They have chosen to live up to our international pillars, and I think that speaks volumes. Our students have decided that they are going to positively impact this world and I see them doing that each and every day whether it be with Golden Key activities, class work, or their everyday lives.
- What are some of your hobbies?
Most of all, I enjoy spending time with family and friends. I like exploring new areas, taking pictures, reading romance novels, and watching movies. I like scrapbooking, creating photo collages, and making creative/artsy things.
- Where are you from/ where did you grow up?
I grew up in Lancaster, PA and am pretty obsessed with it. It’s a great place to live.
- What place in the world would you most like to visit?
Tahiti…the pictures are incredible. I can’t imagine what it would be like to experience Tahiti in person.
- Cats or dogs? Small dogs
- Paper or plastic? Plastic. I like reusing plastic bags over and over again until I finally recycle them. I try to be sustainable.
- Android or Apple? Apple all the way.
Know a great Advisor? Email email@example.com with their info.